Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2011

Places to stay III: Hotels, B&Bs...

Commercial overnight accomodation comes in all shapes and sizes. I guess it's clear to everybody reading this that we didn't use the four-star plus categories of business hotels.
I tried to find smaller places, B&Bs or traditional inns. As described above, I often tried to get the addresses through the internet sites of the respective towns, because they generally list all the existing accomodations. Commercial sites often only list those that pay for it. At some point, I came across a site that wanted me to pay a few Euros by credit card just for giving me internet or e-mail addresses that I could get for free elsewhere. Wether it was just an attempt to rip off or a phishing attempt, I don't know.
Two sites that helped me greatly were: www.visittrentino.it and bed-and-breakfast.it.
The good thing about these long-distance hikes is that even if the place isn't that great, you only have to stay one night. If the place is really, really nice, you can come back another time. This summer, we are going to stay in one place we discovered in our first year, taking along Mom's sister and her family:www.geratser-hof.de. It's just outside the Alps, with a private beach at a lake, many opportunities to hike, bike, do sightseeing and the mountains are close, too... looking forward to it!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen