Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2012

All done now

I hardly can believe it... I got all the internet work done for this year's leg of the pilgrimage: all accomodations are booked, the data transferred to my journal. I do still prefer the paper journal, I am afraid of what would happen if a smartphone ran out of juice in the middle of nowhere!

We're following the route described here. I've bought the guide book, and of course, I'll need a dictionary to understand everything. But since I have to take a small dictionary anyway, that's not a problem.

To think that even five years ago, I knew next to no Italian and now I can book accomodations, order meals, go shopping and explain to people what we are doing is amazing! I love to communicate, that's probably the key. And people have been so friendly and encouraging all along, even when false friends were leading me astray or my grammar was entirely my own.

I'm very much looking forward to our holiday, we'll leave on the early morning of 26th May to take the train to Bologna and will come home on the 8th of June, full of new impressions (and with bellies full of excellent food, I'm sure)!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen